Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Manchester Living has been in business since 2009. In that time, we have made a name for ourselves providing compassionate services for seniors, persons with degenerative diseases, and individuals undergoing post-operative care. Within the Manchester Living family there are two independent operations. They include Cambridge Caregivers, which offers Home Health and Personal Assistant Services (Private in-home care) and Manchester Care Homes, which operates four boutique, eight-resident Assisted Living properties. Manchester Living is owned and operated out of Dallas, Texas with a recent expansion into Fort Worth, and plans to grow beyond.
The COO will work closely with the CEO to strategize and implement growth plans, manage day-to-day operations, and drive business performance. This is a human business from start to finish, so a successful COO must be highly respected by their peers and show a stellar history of working closely with others to achieve their goals. Leaders must lead by example, so this individual must be willing to do any of the jobs that they manage.
For Manchester Care Homes responsibilities include:
- Striving to maintain full occupancy (32 beds.)
- Managing scheduling of 30+ staff.
- Ensuring quality of service to 32 residents, including overseeing all care
- functions, including caregiving and nursing.
- Managing food delivery and preparation.
- Overseeing the physical maintenance of the four properties.
- Overseeing quality engagement between staff and residents.
- Ensuring compliance with all state and local regulations.
For Cambridge Caregivers responsibilities include:
- Oversight of the day-to-day operations, including client care delivery, staffing, scheduling, and other operational activities.
- Developing and implementing operational strategies and processes that drive efficiency, pricing strategy, and client satisfaction.
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Developing and managing budgets and financial forecasts and providing regular reporting on financial performance and progress against goals.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including sales, marketing, HR, and finance, to ensure alignment and maximize impact of operational efforts.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key vendors, client families, and providing exceptional customer service.
- Building and leading a high-performance operations team, including setting performance targets, managing performance, and coaching team members to achieve operational goals.
- Staying up to date on industry trends and best practices, and continually seeking opportunities to improve operational processes, tools, and techniques.
Core Competencies and QualificationsExperience in one or more of the following: Operations, VP of Operations, Director of Operations, COO, C-Suite, Integrator, GM, Corporate Strategy, Corporate Leadership, Home Health Operations, Personal Assistant Services Operations, Assisted Living Operations.
- 10+ years of experience in business, with a proven track record of operations management success in building and leading high-performing teams in multiple locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare administration, or a related fiel
- Strong operational and process improvement skills, with the ability to identify and implement efficiencies across the organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients, co-workers, and employees.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to motivate and coach a team to achieve operational goals in a fast-growing business.
- Current team headcount is approximately 200 care-related staff and 20 corporate staff.
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated ability to problem solve in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Must be located in the Dallas area or willing and able to commute to our corporate office.
Manchester Care Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Manchester Care Homes are committed to providing high quality services to our residents and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Manchester Care Homes are based on resident care needs and an individual’s qualifications, without regard to race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Manchester Care Homes does not place or assign care based on any of the aforementioned characteristics.